YouTube is a great source of entertaining and informative videos. You can spend hours watching hilarious clips or tutorials on whatever you like. However, the problem with YouTube is that it forces users to watch advertisements before each clip. Sometimes, they play automatically, which can be very annoying after a while. However, there are tricks to get around this issue – use YouTube downloader tools.
You can now download your favorite content for later viewing in high resolution without having to watch ads. This is possible through browser extensions, desktop applications, web services, and add-ons. Just pick the one that suits you best! Here is detailed information on how to go about it:
YouTube Video Download Options
There are many shareware programs available on the internet to download videos from YouTube. However, which one should you use? Owning a powerful tool enables you to download any YouTube video in a few minutes without effort.
1. YouTube Download Button
This is a no-brainer. Some YouTube videos have a download button activated on them. Therefore, you can use that to get your favorite option. If not, consider the options below.
Tubestop browser extension for Mozilla Firefox is a perfect example of this job. It allows you to download YouTube videos simply by right-clicking on the desired clip and selecting “convert for desktop.” Additionally, there are options available for batch conversion, video quality, and more.
With TubeStop, it is an easy-to-use offline YouTube converter. It has a simple user interface that allows you to convert videos online or save them for later. The saved videos are in MP4 format, which is playable on iTunes, QuickTime, or other media players.
3. Free YouTube Download
This is free software (appropriately named) to help you download YouTube videos. The main advantage this has over most other downloaders is that it allows you to download videos of different qualities, ranging from 240p up to 1080p HD.
Another completely free tool that does an amazing job at downloading videos is youtube-dl. While it is a command-line tool, it makes the whole process simple. All you have to do is copy and paste the URL from YouTube into this software’s window, and let it work its magic.
5. Video DownloadHelper
This is a browser add-on. It lets you download YouTube videos straight into your browser (no need to leave it). Along with this, there are many other features that make this the most popular choice for a downloader for Firefox.
It comes pre-installed in the Firefox web browser. You can also download it for Google Chrome and Opera. If you are using another browser, however, you can get Video DownloadHelper for Internet Explorer as well.
6. Easy YouTube Video Downloader
For the Opera users out there, check out Easy YouTube Video Downloader. It works in a similar fashion to TubeStop and Video DownloadHelper.
This website offers an option to convert the video into MP3. It is a very useful tool when you want to download more than one file in different formats, or if you want to save only the audio of the video in MP3 format for later use.
ClipGrab formerly known as 4K Video Downloader is a great solution too. Like Easy YouTube Video Downloader, ClipGrab is compatible.
How to pick the best YouTube downloader
There are many YouTube downloaders available online. However, not all of them are good. This article will show you how to pick the best YouTube downloader. Here is what to do to get the best downloader –
- Look for free options first! You will always find a few free options on the list of YouTube downloaders, so this is where you should start. If there are no good free options, move on to paid software.
- Choose your operating system wisely! Whilst some YouTube downloaders are available for all three major operating systems, some may only work with certain operating systems.
- Look for tools that provide HD quality YouTube video Downloads. HD videos will always yield the best results, so you should search for a downloader that can offer 1080p or 720p.
- The video download manager is also helpful if you want to save several videos at a go. Go for this option to save time downloading videos from YouTube.
- Try to find a YouTube downloader that is compatible with your browser of choice. It is frustrating when you finally find a downloader that works perfectly with Firefox only to discover it does not work in Chrome.
- Avoid downloaders with pop up ads. They are not only annoying but you do not want them to install malware on your computer. If using a website, go for the one with a simple layout and a few ads. Since you will spend a good amount of time on these places, you might as well make things easier for yourself by picking a site that simplifies the process.
- Make sure the downloader can download more than just YouTube videos, so you get more for your money.
How to Use Your YouTube downloader
Once you have identified the best downloader for your YouTube videos, here is what to do:
- Download it. Once you have downloaded the software, always read its documentation so that you know how to maximize the products and features for your benefit.
- Open the video page on YouTube and click on “Share” select “Download Video”
- Once the download is complete, open the file and click on “Save”
- After you have successfully downloaded a video from YouTube, it opens in a new tab. Note that this may vary depending on your web browser. If it does not work, just replace the current video URL with a direct link to MP4 in the address bar.
YouTube is all about sharing amazing videos with other users. However, sometimes owners block these clips due to copyright claims. YouTube has since updated its service to automatically block videos with copyrighted material according to the company’s logo guidelines. However, these tips and tricks described here will help you get out of the hoods.