Do you know what SEO reporting is? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and SEO reporting is a way of analyzing the performance of your website. In its entirety, SEO is a long-term strategy for gaining traffic from search engines by ranking higher on the results page. Therefore, it helps you gain online visibility and widen your reach.
SEO reporting is a critical component of SEO. Keeping up with all the information can be challenging, but it is important not to let SEO reports fall by the wayside. Therefore, learning to track and identify your SEO performance from an SEO report will be critical for business growth and development.
This guide will show you how to read SEO reports and what they can tell you about the success of your site. Along the way, you will learn some tips for creating a winning SEO strategy that includes SEO reporting!
Why your Business Needs SEO Reporting
A proper SEO reporting strategy helps you make changes that will improve on how the public views you online. If this does not already happen at your business, now is the time to start!
An SEO report is a valuable business tool that helps you manage the overall health of your site for search engines. Ideally, an SEO report provides information about how Google and other search engines view specific pages on your website. This is in relation to keyword optimization, page load speed, crawl rate, and other factors important to search engines.
Your SEO report should help answer questions about things like:
- How often does a page title appear in search results? How many times it is clicked on? Answering this question is vital for your SEO optimization efforts as it shows how often you are getting noticed online. With an SEO report, it will be possible to achieve all this.
- Which keywords are driving traffic to your site? And which pages perform the best (highest CTR)? That way, you can identify whether the effort and money investment in SEO are worth the effort. To remain profitable online, you should reach out to many prospects by enhancing your search engine ranking and visibility online. Therefore, all this information should be captured in the SEO report.
- How are people accessing your site? By monitoring your inbound traffic, you will know if there are any changes to the way people access your website. If this is something you are not doing already, it is time for an SEO reporting overhaul!
If you are looking for ways to improve your SEO efforts, make sure all of these points are included in your SEO report!
How to create an SEO report
Creating an SEO report will be critical to successful SEO efforts in the long term. To succeed, an SEO report is an excellent way for you to see your website performance in real-time. Moreover, you can know where to make improvement or success when compared to other competitors online. You can create an SEO report by:
Using Spreadsheets. Using a spreadsheet, you need to do the following:
- Export Analytics reports for your website
- Analyze how many keywords are ranking in search engines and their respective positions.
- Compile all of them into a single sheet consisting of three columns with headings: Position, Keyword, Search Engine. Specific keywords will appear in each column to help you rank better.
- Generate a report daily and send it as an email attachment to your marketing team members or clients if required.
Automated SEO reporting. You can do this by:
- Pulling data from Google Webmaster Tools and putting it into a spreadsheet or an excel document. This way, you can see the data about your website’s performance over time. This report is generated by an automated tool aggregates all related data!
- Creating SEO reports in conjunction with other software like SEMRush or Moz. These tools provide many different types of reports and data, so automated SEO reporting is a great way to supplement the information you obtain from these tools. For that reason, free software such as Google’s Webmaster Tools can also provide automated reports like indexing status, crawl errors, etc.
What to Include in Your SEO Reports
SEO reporting is a big part of SEO and digital marketing. Your SEO reports should, therefore, focus on realizing specific goals and objectives. Therefore, every business should align itself to its mission to make the most out of its SEO efforts. The objective of SEO reports is to help the client know what they are spending their money on. Most importantly, it should show which keywords you’re focusing on for ranking purposes, among other things.
SEO reports are important for SEO companies and their clients. For SEO to do its best work, all of these groups need access to the same information about how SEO is carrying out its services.
There should be detailed information in SEO reports to help you understand your customers better and improve on the content and customer experience. Therefore, SEO reports should include:
- What website changes were made? For example, increased content and the impact it created in boosting your brand awareness.
- Keywords SEO is trying to rank for so that you may make necessary adjustments to your content. For that reason, the report should highlight the keywords used when searching for you
- Any other changes made on the website or toward SEO
- Information on how often people visit your site from different locations or devices. Specifically, how many visitors do you get from each location, and what is the bounce rate for different devices and locations?
- Details on where visitors go after arriving at your site
Start SEO Reporting Now!
SEO Reporting is one of those things that can make or break your SEO efforts. Therefore, it is important to understand the process to create meaningful achievement out of this investment. Tracking your SEO efforts will help you improve and widen your reach by showing you which keywords are driving traffic to your site, among other SEO-related factors.