Having a well-designed website can make or break your business. If you are not sure what makes a good website design, here are some tips to help you. Many people think that the only thing they need to do in order for their site to be successful is to have it ranked high on Google. This is not true. In fact, having a great-looking website does not guarantee anything at all.
What will get you ranked higher? Well, first off, the most important one is how relevant the content is to the search term. Therefore, if someone searches for “best dog food,” then the best dog food page would rank very highly because it has the highest chance of being relevant to the search term. However, if someone searched for “dog food recipes,” then the recipe page would likely rank much lower than the best dog food page.
What makes a Good web Design?
Many things affect the success of website development. Here are some examples:
- Content – Make sure that every page contains useful information. Do not just put up a bunch of pictures with no text. Also, do not use too much text. Keep it short and sweet. People want to read something interesting and informative, but they also want to read it quickly. So, keep it simple!
- Navigation – Make sure that the navigation menu is easy to understand and navigate. Also, make sure that it works properly. For example, if you click on a link, it should take you to another page. If it takes you to the same page, then it is probably broken.
- Layout – Make sure that everything looks nice and clean. Make sure that the font size is big enough so that everyone can see it clearly. Also, make sure the colors are bright and vibrant. They should stand out from the rest of the page.
- Images – Use images whenever possible. Not only does this add more interest to the page, it also helps improve SEO.
- Coding – Make sure that the coding is correct. There may be certain elements that look like code, but they do not have correct coding. These elements could cause problems later down the road.
- Optimization – Make sure that the pages load fast. If they do not, then people will not stay long.
- Social Media Integration – Make sure that your social media integration is right. Some websites integrate social media links incorrectly. Others do not even bother doing it at all. Either way, it is bad.
- Mobile Responsiveness – Make sure that the website is mobile responsive. This means that it automatically adjusts to fit any screen size. Otherwise, it might look weird on a smartphone.
- Security – Make sure that the security settings are set correctly. This includes ensuring enabling of cookies, as well as other safety features such as login verification.
- User Experience – Make sure that the user experience is top notch. Users should not feel like they are trying to figure out what is going on.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Make sure that there is proper placement of keywords. Also, ensure their proper use in the title tags, Meta description, headings, etc.
- Backlinks – Ensure proper inclusion of backlinks. Sometimes, when building a new site, it is hard to find good sources of quality backlinks. That is why it is important to build relationships with reputable sites.
- Domain Authority – Make sure that the domain authority is high. Many companies think that having a high DA is unnecessary. However, it is not. The higher the DA, the better.
- Trust Flow – Make sure that trust flow is strong. This means that there are many incoming links pointing to the site.
- Page Speed – Make sure that the page speed is great. Google wants to give users the best experience possible. In addition, one of the ways they do that is by giving them fast loading pages.
Why you need Good web design?
You are not going to have good web design just for the sake of it. There are many reasons why you need good web design. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Your business needs it for marketing purposes. When you have a beautiful looking website, it will help attract customers. People will want to visit your site because it looks so nice.
- You want potential clients to notice you. Having a professional-looking site will help you stand out from the crowd. Clients will see how much work went into creating the site.
- You want to create a positive first impression. Having a clean, modern looking site will help people form opinions about your company.
- You want to improve your brand image. Having a professional-like site can help you establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- You want to save money. Hiring someone to create a custom website is expensive. Therefore, if you can use something off-the-shelf, then you will save a ton of cash.
- You want to be able to update easily. If you hire a designer to create a website, then you will have to pay him or her every time you want to change anything. However, if you use something off-the shelf, then you will not have to worry about paying extra fees.
- You want to protect your brand identity. If you do not have a professional-looking site, then people may assume you are not serious.
- You want to look more credible. Having a professional-sounding site will help you appear more trustworthy.
- You want to increase traffic. Having a great-looking site will attract visitors. In addition, if people like what they see, then they will come back repeatedly.
- You want to reach your target audience. If you know who your ideal customer is, then you will want to make sure that he or she has easy access to your product or service.
It is always important to keep improving your web design skills. As technology changes, so will the industry. Therefore, you need to keep up with these trends. Moreover, you want to make sure that your clients are happy. To get the best for your web design, consider hiring a professional for the job.